Also, I’ve been wanting to create a new interface circuit board, and I found this cool site, PCBWeb. It looks really good!
Source code update
Android Phone Robot Control for Arduino
I have made a sample program for controlling an Arduino robot (stand-alone or connected to a PC) from an Android phone. This also might make some good sample code for anyone wanting control Arduino from an Android phone (and get data from Arduino). Download it here.
Servo Magazine article
Robot Combat League –
Through the eyes of a contestant
“…The hydraulic fluid spraying puts the fire out as the referees blow the horn to tell us to separate…”
I had a great time a the May 18th Maker Faire in the Bay Area. Lots of cool and amazing (and some really crazy) stuff! When I presented on the “Meet the Makers” stage, Dr. George Kirkman, the Robo Tech for Team Steel Cyclone was in the audience! I asked him to join me on stage, and we had a great time discussing RCL and answering questions from the audience.
Robot Combat League Champions!
Dave and his daughter won the $100,000 championship in the new SyFy Series, “Robot Combat League”! Their robot “Crash” is 7’9″ tall and weighs 828 lbs. For more info, see www.facebook.com/ShinselRobots
1/15/2013: Arduino support added
Also, search for “Loki Robot” on YouTube
- Loki Watches Star Wars – A funny video I made of Loki watching is favorite move, and getting scared. I hope you enjoy it.
- Loki More Behaviors – This shows Loki doing some interaction, and showing off some of his newer behaviors.
- Loki Cleans Up – Video of Loki looking for objects on the floor and picking them up, using the Kinect sensor for 3D object detection.
- Loki Robot 1 – First video of Loki, when he just had one arm. Testing out his conversational AI.
- Loki Robot 2 – Exploring the House. This shows Loki’s navigational capabilities using his built-in map and A* navigation.
- Loki Robot 3 – New Arm and Object Recognition. Using OpenCV SURF for object detection, and showing off some Karate moves.
- Dancing Robot; Loki’s little brother– This is a RoboNova robot I built, and programmed rock out with “Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto”
In the Design area, I have photos of the robots during construction, as well as schematics, software design overview, and the source code for Loki, Turtle, and Seeker. I hope you find this information helpful in your own designs.