I will be at the Bay Area Maker Faire on Saturday, May 18th, all day. Also, I will be giving a presentation on the “Meet the Makers” stage.
Follow me on Twitter at @DaveShinsel
Robot Combat League Champions!
Dave and his daughter won the $100,000 championship in the new SyFy Series, “Robot Combat League”! Their robot “Crash” is 7’9″ tall and weighs 828 lbs. For more info, see www.facebook.com/ShinselRobots
1/15/2013: Arduino support added
Also, search for “Loki Robot” on YouTube
- Loki Watches Star Wars – A funny video I made of Loki watching is favorite move, and getting scared. I hope you enjoy it.
- Loki More Behaviors - This shows Loki doing some interaction, and showing off some of his newer behaviors.
- Loki Cleans Up – Video of Loki looking for objects on the floor and picking them up, using the Kinect sensor for 3D object detection.
- Loki Robot 1 - First video of Loki, when he just had one arm. Testing out his conversational AI.
- Loki Robot 2 – Exploring the House. This shows Loki’s navigational capabilities using his built-in map and A* navigation.
- Loki Robot 3 – New Arm and Object Recognition. Using OpenCV SURF for object detection, and showing off some Karate moves.
- Dancing Robot; Loki’s little brother- This is a RoboNova robot I built, and programmed rock out with “Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto”
In the Design area, I have photos of the robots during construction, as well as schematics, software design overview, and the source code for Loki, Turtle, and Seeker. I hope you find this information helpful in your own designs.