I get lots of quesitons on how Loki’s Eyes are built and work. Each eye is built as follows:
- Start with a cheap flashlight. Cut as needed to install a web camera (I used Logitech Webcam Pro for laptops). Use “Household Goop” to secure it.
- Mount 12 Blue LED’s in a ring around the flashlight. See electronics section for how these are driven.
- Mount a soup can over the LEDs. Use Goop to secure it.
- Put Surgical Tubing in the space between the flashlight and the soup can.
- run the wires from the LEDs back to the controller card.
- Do this again for the other eye, and mount the two flashlights together with aluminum.
- Attach servos for the neck
- Attach the controller card, run the wires down the neck, and put a cover over the controller. Done!
Here are some pictures: